Want to see more?

Want to see more? Visit the Eclectica mainstore in Second Life to see my full range of Jewellery and Accoutrements. Here. Or, pop into the Eclectica shopfront on The Marketplace for a convenient hope-the-boss-doesn't-see browse or gift-sending. Here.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Mad Pea has gone all Steampunk-Gacha

[necklace with a dragonfly]

Mad Pea puts on a lot of fun activities throughout the year. I adore their hunts, which are not so much hunts but more like storytelling with gifty-bonuses. I like their use of imagination to wow us with immersive games, and how they also provide a meaningful platform for designers who wish to become involved and get a little exposure. They have just opened a gacha festival with a steampunk theme at Mad City, and it's wonderful. When you arrive, it's all dark and hissy-sounding with escaping gasses and goodness-knows-what. Excess ether or something perhaps. Careful not to stand over a steam vent. That stuff can chew through your silks like nothing else.

[necklace with a rhinoscerous beetle]

I'm showing off here some samples from Eclectica. I made steampunk timepieces specially for this, and had a blast (and totally loved the creative process as I always do when I pickily choose an event).

[necklace in silver and puce]

This is a range of necklaces-that-are-watches. They all work, really nicely, and with a click you can set them to almost any major city you like. Each one has turning cogs, just to fool you into thinking that these are actually mechanical watches or something. They churn away quite subtly, and look pretty cool I reckon.

[necklace in gold and aqua]

As you can see, there are common ones, rare ones, and ultra rare ones. The ultra rares have little dragonflies or rhinoscerous beetles on them. I adore both of these creatures and have used them a few times over the years. So happy to be able to make them out of mesh and not prims again!!!

[necklace in copper and clear]

[necklace in black and green]

Just between you and me, I realised at the last moment that these watches are totally NPIRL. There's no way the wearer can see the time. They would have to ask a friend to tell them, or look in a mirror. Actually, roleplay looking in a mirror, as there are no mirrors*. Luckily here in SL we just cam in on ourselves to see. Or look up the top of the viewer and bypass all of these niceties, but I guess that's not the point. So, buy one of these, wear it so all your friends can see the time while you remain blissfully ignorant. If it's something important I'm sure they'll tell you if they are the proper nice kind of friends.


[fob watch with rhinoscerous beetle]

So, if this is a trouble in your mind that no amount of twisty turny rp will reconcile, there are more practical fob watches in the other gacha. You can pin these to yourself anywhere that your outfit suggests. They are fitted to the pelvis attachment point, and I have shown them down by the waist, connected to a buttonhole and looped into the waist. By all means, reattach this to the chest if this suits you. It's quite easy, and I will help you if you IM me.

And yes, you can be a girl or a boy to wear these fob watches. Both are fine. I would show a boy model, but my male alt looks unintentionally creepy and I don't know how to fix him.

[fob watch with dragonfly]

Do turn on advanced lighting model in your graphics preferences. The use of materials is subtle, but it's still worth it.

[fob watch in silver and cream]

One more small thing I should mention. The script allows you to turn on digital railway time in hovertext. It's an option. If you really really need it, it's there. But if you do this, baby seals will suffer and maybe die. Needless to say, if I were at all a smart scripter I'd comment out that bit, but I'm not so it remains. Happily I trust you.

[fob watch in verdigris and clear]

These will be exclusive to Mad City while the event is on. After that, the rare and ultra-rare versions will be available at the Eclectica Mainstore, and on the Marketplace.



*or spoons.




No comments:

Post a Comment